The Session Initiation Protocol, or SIP is the next step to ISDN. SIP Trunking is a solution that connects your site directly into the network of a leading SIP provider via an IP connection to carry and terminate your inbound and outbound voice calls across the public telephone network. SIP offers a flexible common standard that has the capability to efficiently combine a wide array of communications systems and technologies. The advantages of moving to a SIP-enabled architecture extend well beyond voice service. SIP has no geographical limits. In many ways it is like the internet. It does not matter where you are in the world. SIP Trunking is a very good way for them to migrate away from their old PSTN system and start to take advantage of the new world of VoIP.
Services like sip trunk from amcom helping your customers to join this emerging wave positions you well with them because you’re delivering a valuable capability, and generating recurring revenue for your business.
SIP Trunking is a solution that connects your site directly into the network of a leading SIP provider via an IP connection to carry and terminate your inbound and outbound voice calls across the public telephone network.
The service provides a highly flexible alternative to ISDN solutions and is designed to work successfully with all the leading IP PBX brands in the UK market, giving you peace of mind in knowing that your PBX hardware works with the network service.
Compared to ISDN, SIP trunking is cheaper on a per channel basis, more flexible in terms of what telephone numbers you can have and where you can have them, is quicker to install and offers a very robust business continuity service that ensures your business never loses calls.
The service can support connections ranging from two channels for businesses with small PBXs to no limit on the number of channels that can be supported for large enterprises and contact centres.
Most significant advantages of SIP Trunking for your customers:
- Rapid ROI – SIP Trunking does not require a significant capital expenditure, but immediately begins to reduce costs while also maintaining the features customers have with their local PBX.
- SIP Trunks are delivered over IP, and often with compression you can get more call concurrency or call volume over a modern broadband circuit vs old style T1 / PRI telephone services.
- By using networking to combine voice and data, SIP Trunks can connect distant business locations to expand a company’s geographic voice and data system.
- Reduced call cost. This is a no-brainer for you, but your customers might not be aware that SIP trunking can dramatically reduce the cost of making and taking calls.
- Unified Communications. SIP Trunking provides a gateway to creating an IP-based UC system that brings together voice, data, Instant Messaging, presence, and application sharing.
- Mobility. SIP Trunking can help tie together mobile devices and remote workers by enabling a blend of premise and cloud based services.
- Reliability: SIP Trunking is very stable. Rather than being at the mercy of local events such as power or circuit outages, SIP trunking can automatically be rerouted to other offices, mobile phones, or virtually anywhere based on your business rules.
We value your comments. Feel free to discuss here any ideas. Share this information with your friends.