Apple has released new version of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, the OS will be available only via download from the Mac App Store. If you want to create your own bootable USB device using your flash drive , then follow the steps given below.
How To Make OSX Lion Bootable USB Flash Drive
1. Purchase and download OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
2. After got downloaded, go to the Applications folder and find the setup of Lion you just downloaded.
3. Right click on the downloaded file and select “Show Package Contents”.
4. Go to “Contents” and jump inside the “SharedSupport” folder and you’ll find a file titled “InstallESD.dmg”. Copy this over to the desktop.
5. Connect a USB flash drive to your Mac having at minimum 4GB capacity.
6. Open up “Disk Utility” and drag InstallESD.dmg from the desktop to the left-hand sidebar. Select the attached USB from left side and click on “Partition” tab.
7. Select “1 Partition” from the Volume Scheme drop down menu. Choose “Mac OS Extended ” from the left.
8. Now click on “Option” at the bottom. Select “GUID Partition Table” and press OK. Now click on Apply at the bottom right to start formatting.. (NOTE: This is will erase all data on your USB flash drive)
9. After drive has been formatted, click on “Restore” Tab
10. Choose the InstallESD.dmg file as the source and your flash drive as the destination. Hit the Apply button and it will create your bootable USB drive.
11. Reboot your Mac with the USB drive plugged in. Hold the “Option” key on your keyboard when you hear the iconic OS X startup chime. You can now boot into your Flash drive from there.
Step 12: Follow the on-screen instructions to install OS X Lion.
You can see faster boot speeds using the USB installer compared to a DVD installer disc.
If you’re a Facebook user and want to keep up on the latest Google+ Tricks, why don’t you join the CyberVally Facebook page?