WebM is a open video format released by Google. WebM video files play directly in your web browser using latest HTML5. You must install a web browser that supports WebM files. For IE9 you need to install plugin. It competes with Adobe’s Flash format and H.264 and has a major advantage in being an open, royalty-free multimedia format.
How to Play WebM Video
1) Download and install a supported browser (listed below).
2) Start the newly installed browser.
3) Go to www.youtube.com/html5 and enroll in the YouTube HTML5 experiment.
4) Search for a video by keyword. For example, trailers.
5) Once your search results are returned, click the Search options link to expand the options menu.
6) In the Features column, click WebM to limit the search results to WebM-format videos.
Supported Web Browsers
- Mozilla Firefox 4 Beta 1 and later
- Opera 10.60 and later
- Google Chrome 6 and later
- Internet Explorer 9 with plugin
If you’re a Facebook user and want to keep up on the latest Technology news why don’t you join the CyberVally Facebook page?
If you enjoyed reading this post, please consider leaving a comment below or subscribing to the feed